12-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatEgyptianKid View Post
30% of 65 is about 22 which adds up to 88 which is what most people drive on the highway anyways so it makes sense for 50% of fatalities to be at that speed just needed to point that out sense it more likely it wasn't from speeding but yet carelessness I'm not trying to say to revoke the speed limit but that the high speed is prolly less of the problem and more of the big percentage of people who shouldn't have a license that causes these accidents
Man, all those words and not one bit of punctuation. (I kid..). I drive your NJ turnpike 4 - 5 days a week and I can tell you, while I regularly drive about 80 in the 65 mph zone, I'm am rarely passed by "most people" driving 88. It's easy to think you're a great driver with great vision and reflexes, I've been guilty of that and overdone it on the highways at times. But, it's also easy for some truck driver doing the speed limit or even less to decide to change lanes when you don't expect it and put a giant wall in front of you that you don't have time to avoid. Search this forum for a BMW test driver that was killed in an F30 in that exact situation and you may feel a little differently.

Last edited by chrisny; 12-17-2012 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0