View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #17
eljefe87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
I felt really really bad (a guilty bad) leaving the dealership. It's a bitter sweet bad. Like "YES!!! I did an amazing job negotiating this deal but deep down inside I'm a terrible person" kind of bad.

I am a small business owner myself. I have employees, I pay taxes, I have bills to pay, payroll to meet, rent, ... If someone were to "shop at my store", and I take the time out of my busy day to return several of his/her phone calls, a bunch of back and forth e-mails, invite them into my store, treat them to coffee, sweets, ONLY for them to give me a hard time to a point where I sell them something below cost ... I would either shoot myself, or choose a different line of business.

Why do some dealers sell under invoice? These guys seriously undercut another local dealer, just to get me to sign with them. This is a 2013 custom built car. Not a car they are trying to move off the lot either.

I don't get it (and yes, I still feel uneasy about the deal).
Do you mind sharing what the MSRP was and the invoice price you were given. Also what is the dealer doc fee. Some dealers jack-up the price on doc fees.