Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Actually, I didn't. If you read that overly long and wordy diatribe, you'd see that I do get it.
I 'prefer' a sport/Msport variant that is not softened compared to previous versions
I know, it IS an awesome position to take.

Regarding options, it's absolutely an individual's choice to decide what they want and don't want for options.
Never said/wrote that it wasn't.

And, you missed the sarcasm, even though I even stated that it was sarcasm.

That thing about about being "faster" on your bike...that's a loaded sceanario.
Here, I can do it too. I'm faster than most F1 drivers when I'm walking...and the F1 driver and car are waiting in the pit area.

My post is about the direction that BMW took the 3 series in, and in my view, they did the wrong things, as related to the 'driving enthusiast'.
One can still be an 'auto enthusiast' without being a driving enthusiast.
It comes down to what aspects of the car are MOST important to the person.
And as I said, it's personal choice. And it's perfectly fine to like one more than the other, or to like both.

If commuting in a slow straight line were my main need, I wouldn't have chosen a 3 series Msport. Heck, I wouldn't have chosen a 3 series at all.
To me, people who buy a 3 series sport/Msport just to commute on straight roads with heavy and/or slow traffic, and didn't get on mainly for those days and times when they can go for spirited fun rides seeking cool roads, are not "driving enthusiasts".
They are commuters who want to drive a brand that makes them look special. BMW has 3's for those people.

If you are not one of those, COOL.
Then I'm not referring to you.
You can now unbunch your sport panties.

I'm kidding. Relax.
Hey now! I drive 5 blocks to the office everyday in my 335 MSport, in which I just installed the M Performance Suspension and will be adding PPK! I bought the car and added MPS just so I can take a spirited drive around the "round-a-bout" within my office grounds! Unfortunately, I did not add the Driver's Assistant Package...
Appreciate 0