08-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #54
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
I wouldn't have it any other way! I've never owned a car with an automatic, and I intend to keep it that way as long as manual transmissions are still manufactured. I just enjoy the higher level of engagement and control, some people complain about clutching and rowing the gears in traffic, but it has never bothered me.
I've only owned one auto-tragic vehicle, a Nissan Titan, I think I had it for 14 months before I was tired of it (and got tired of taking it to the dealership all of the time for warranty problems)... I couldn't agree more about being confused as to why people gripe about clutching in traffic, I've been driving MT cars since I was 16, so for the majority of 15 years now, and it has never bothered me. I've been in plenty of stop and go traffic too...

Excited to see performance brakes on it as well, and hoping someone makes some brackets for those to fit on e46's soon. I'm not sure about you going with 19's though, I honestly regret my 19's on my e46 ZHP. They look amazing, but the roads here are just not nice enough for such a small sidewall tires... In less than a year my $2250 wheel and tire combo looks like crap, in part to a few curb issues on my part, but I'm pretty sure two of them are bent and a few scuffs are not my fault. Maybe the roads are better in your neck of the woods, but I would be weary, in the mean-time those 18's look great IMO...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0