View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #33
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
You can tell they dont live with these cars everyday. We tested the 328, ATS 2.0 and 3.6, TL, and A4 so almost this comparison and ended up with the ATS 3.6, it was a work lease or we would have gotten the 328 hands down because it shined over all of them but was really much more expensive when it was comparable equipment. We lease an ATS 3.6 loaded with just the first payment out of pocket and $460 a month, a similarly equipped 328 would have been $600.

CUE while VERY capable is also very frustrating. Everything the Caddy does is delayed. You hit the comfort access to lock the door, it takes a second or so then you hear click. For a while every time I drove the thing I kept unlocking the door because I would hit it twice thinking it didnt register.

Same thing with CUE, everything you hit needs another second to react to, the execution of the screens and what it does is pretty nice, but its just annoying to do anything.

That being said it drives fantastic, the 328 still is nicer in my opinion especially because we had to get a 3.6 to have it even keep up with the 328, but its a great drivers car, if they fix the sluggishness of the CUE system its really an amazing car.

I have a C300 right now as a rental for a work trip and I would take the ATS any day of the week over it, its so much more composed, it does remind me of a mix of my E90 and E46.

Completely agree on the tech of the TL, it was just dated and for such a high tech company I would expect a bit better.