09-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #91
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

09/05/12

BC coilovers installed

I first want to thank RC at PSI for hooking me up with this kit and getting it to me quickly. Being in Hawaii it takes forever to get stuff so it was nice to see these show up in such a timely manner. They went on quite the journey too. Taiwan to Korea to Alaska to Kentucky to Hawaii lol...

The coilovers went in. My friend, who is a professional mechanic, came over to install them at my house. The install went well with no surprises. Everything fit well too, which is always a plus. He said the install is very similar to an e90 so for you DIYers you shouldn't have to much trouble.

The coils use the stock top hats and rsm's, so you will have to reuse those. They do provide adj endlinks for the front swaybar so you will be fine there. Spring compressors are needed for the front, but not the rear. Also be sure you replace the top hat bolts, strut bar to top hat bolts, and clamshell nut as they are single use only. The top hat nut for the strut is not needed as you will be using the nut supplied from BC.

Went with 20 clicks from full soft out of 30 and set the ride height to 13.25 inches front and rear. The goal is a 13 inch ride height from wheel center, the extra .25 for now is to let the springs settle and then do final adjustments. BC uses 600 kg front springs and 1200 kg rear springs for those interested.

Iphone pics of the install:

Stock front assembly removed

BC front assembly with oem tophat installed

Something's missing

Installed

Stock rear assembly

BC rear assembly with oem rsm installed

Installed with a blurry pic

Horrible night time garage pics of the drop

That's all for now. Waiting on the wheels and then a proper shoot will be taking place.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0