Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 435 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Here is the review of the KW V2.

PROS:
- Ride comfort is infinitely better than H&R with stock springs. Due to the increase in shock travel length and adjustable damping. These are my damping settings. Rear: 3 clicks from softest. Front: 1 click from softest. The ride is similar to a stock Sport Line but you do feel the road more.
- NO MORE bottoming out on tiny bumps! Woo!
- The damping and height is easy for the front. You do have to take the wheel off to raise/lower it, but you can twist it by hand.

CONS:
- Rear damping is idiotically difficult to adjust. You can't adjust the damping like the older models from the trunk. You have to unbolt the top hat to even reach the top of the strut. Luckily this is not too difficult to do.
- Adjusting the ride height is even more idiotic. The spaner that is provided turns the perch AND the coil top. So basically, you're going no where. Later this week, I'm going to McGuyver a remedy.
Don't know if you already figured out an easy way of adjusting the rear ride height yet, but my set of ST coilovers (rehoused KW's) on my Audi provided the same challenge. I figured out an easy solution.

Use a socket wrench and pick up a 10" extension and a 10MM hex socket. Pics of tool below.

Insert the tool from underneath the rear springs (through the opening), all the way up until it reaches the coil top. The coil top has a 10mm hex opening which will mate with the tool.

Here's the trick. You can either:
1) Hold the tool in place, which will lock the coil top from turning, and use the spanner to turn the perch to adjust the height.
2) do the opposite. Hold the spanner and perch in place and turn the socket tool. I find this method to be easier if you're underneath the car.

Hope that helps.