View Single Post
      06-11-2016, 06:35 AM   #5
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded
What is free maintenance for BMW? Yearly oil change?
Well, there's that, brakes if necessary, and almost anything that isn't wear and tear for the first 4yrs or 50K.

BMW did make some drastic changes for 2016, but my two cars are under the old plan still.

Think it's also important for car owners to do a little research before or during a service trip. If someone isn't smart enough to realize what is happening with such expensive cars, this is why it's so easy for a shady dealership to fleece them.

A bad SA tried some crap when my wife took in her X3 for an oil change last year. Gave her crap about the tires. I'd already told her that I would get a new set when they wore out in about 8 more months.

Dude said they were dangerous, ect. I told her to hand the phone to him, I then preceded to tear into the guy. Don't ever say anything to try to scare my wife. I know cars, know tires with an obsession; even measured the tread before sending her there. Also let him know that the survey would reflect his behavior and that I would check the car once she was home, and if anything were not up to par, he'd see me in person; which would not end well.

Needless to say, no other problems and I also changed advisors to a great young man who sees eye to eye with me. He gets all 5's for both car visits.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 1