05-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #389
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor View Post
for people thinking the dealer should install the performance suspension in order to retain warranty, you guys must not know how dealers work.

They will never replace your shocks, or any suspension component for that matter since they will say that you caused the damage. Shocks/ springs don't just "fail" they only fail if they are exposed to some sort of heavy force ie. a pothole, and BMW would never cover damage due to a pothole.

I once hit a bad pothole and my control arms bent, that sure as hell is not under warranty, same goes for if your shock is bent, bmw would not fix it.

Plus, when BMW repairs suspension they replace almost everything, thats their protocol. I remember when i had my bent control arm, the dealer quoted to replace sway bars, control arms on both sides, the knuckle, etc. When it comes to a warranty claim for an amount that high, it will NEVER fly. Maybe, just maybe if BMW's protocol wasn't to replace so many other suspension parts if one part was damaged, then maybe i could see them warrantying the part.
No car manufacturer would EVER cover damage due to a pothole under warranty. So BMW isn't alone in that at all.

And suspension parts (struts) can and do fail in the northeast due to excessive wear from horrible roads, salt exposure, and/or the potential of a poorly manufactured strut.

Try getting an aftermarket company to cover a manufacturers defect...even if they DO, you're stuck with the labor bill. Not the case with a bmw part.

Regardless, your money and peace of mind, not mine...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0