11-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
On this episode of Head 2 Head, Motor Trend's Jonny Lieberman stages a rematch between the all-new Cadillac ATS and the BMW 3-Series. But this time, he trades the smaller engines and manual gear boxes for more power and automatic transmissions. And just to throw a wrench in things, he brought along the 2013 Mercedes-Benz C350.

Does the bigger engine and auto gear box of the ATS have what it takes to redeem itself against the titans of the segment?

first of all this guy is so annoying, according to him ATS drives and feels the best on the road and it is the best performance sedan for $50 k, come on really, i really feel like that automakers pay for these shows to post reviews and just advertise them

what do you think, I don't agree with him at all, maybe because I have 335i m sport, but when I was shopping for a car I didn't even consider Mercedes, and didn't even think of Cadillac at all
So you haven't driven the ATS but because you bought a different car and didn't consider Cadlllac when shopping, this guy is wrong?

Who knows why so many reviewers love the ATS...maybe they are skewed by some outside influence,...but maybe they just like it that much. Who cares? You buy your car with your money. What does a reviewer or any other driver have to do with that decision?

Let's not be ignorant and instead accept the fact that engineering is engineering and if a company in this day and age is willing to put in the effort and the expense, the product will be good. The country in which the product is designed and made does not inherently determine the quality of the product. Beliving it is would be simplistic and illogical.

In North America, there are great bridges and buildings designed and built, in California they are making some of the most popular consumer electronics in the world and until Blackberry shit the bed, the best business devices were being designed in Canada. But god forbid anyone say a North American company made a good car. It's ridiculous. At the end of the day do what you want, buy the car you want, whatever. If what someone else says has any impact, there's a problem.
Appreciate 0