12-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoveforward View Post
That's what I'm trying to figure out. The dealership keeps on telling me that were was no damage and that it's just backed up from the storm, but after seeing other people get theirs last week, I think they're just BSing me and won't tell me that were was some sort of significant damage.
The damage can't be too significant, or the dealer can't deliver the car as "new" without a disclosure. I don't know NY's limits, but here in PA the threshold is the greater of $500 or 3% of the MSRP. It doesn't take much to exceed this amount. The only thing I'm not certain of is if this applies to the VPC since it's technically the manufacturer who is remedying the damage before it ever makes it to the dealer.

Having personally toured the VPC and seeing some cars that were repaired and in line for repairs, they do everything "the right way" without compromise. I wouldn't be at all concerned about anything they had to repair. But I concur that they should at least be forthcoming with the information as opposed to having you wonder why it's been stuck there so long.

I also suppose it is plausible that there's a backlog for deliveries within your specific area. Were the others who took delivery in the storm zone or elsewhere? Regardless, they have a known number of units that they need to deliver. They should at least have a rough idea of when it'll be loaded on a truck. I'm pretty sure it's not a "seat of the pants" determination that they make on the fly.
Appreciate 0