View Single Post
      10-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #35
ScottM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
No point. I have a good number of accessories that have a 30pin connector on them and I'm sure as hell not buying half a dozen of those silly adapters and I'm not carrying one round with my phone everywhere either.

Maybe next gen ...
Wow - been reading through your posts on the iPhone 5 and lighting connector. Talk about being short sighted. With that rational you'll never upgrade to a future iPhone or iPod or iPad because it requires a new cable. So the money you just spent on a second one year old iPhone 4s (that doesn't do anything better than the 4s you had) was justified? Since it required a new cable you bailed on the on all the great stuff the new phone offers? Really?

You mentioned how you were hoping Apple would make a smaller iPhone - how do you expect them to do that with the larger 30-pin dock connector? You do realize they used the new 8 pinn connector to make the iPhone 5 smaller?

Apple doesn't give manufactures much of a heads-up when introducing a new product to keep their competition in the dark, so it will take a little while for accessory makers to update their products. I'm sure BMW will have a fix coming soon to address the new phone size and cable issues.

Its always hard when technology marches on and old stuff gets left behind, but thats life dude.

Last edited by ScottM; 10-16-2012 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 0