View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #1418
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I have been wondering what exactly makes or prevents the Office menu from appearing with a Combox equipped car and enhanced Bluetooth with MAP Profile support.

It will be interesting if it turns out to be the Country Controller.

Granted this is on an F10, but user BestManWins, also from Singapore went from Jan 2011 to Jun 2011 before his Dealer supposedly did something to enable his Office functionality, supposedly becoming the first to have it working in Singapore:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482638

See Post #21.

If what he wrote is true though, Office functionality is now available in Singapore, so I am not sure how removing the Country Controller will make a difference.
It's possible that, for Singapore, country controller for F10 after a certain production date has office function enabled, whereas for the F30 it's still disabled.
It looks like country controller is a set template for a specific market where it includes a set of standard codings for various functions. Removing or changing it changes a set of functions simultaneously. From the ETK, it seems country controller mainly concerns the infotainment system, where different country controllers dictate specific part numbers for the system headunit & idrive controller.
As far as I know there are 5 different country controllers for EU/ROW spec cars (China, Korea, Japan, 8LH & 8LT), some of them have hardware differences.
Appreciate 0