12-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #123
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M40WST View Post
Yep private reg, I had the discussion with the dealership regarding the plate before I ordered the car and they advised me that they have a deal with Manchester DVLA to transfer from my current car straight to the new one with all the documents being done in a 4 day turn around. They advised me the documents were sent to the DVLA on Friday.

If I don't get the car by the weekend i'll be kicking off with them as they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep!

I wish I had just put the plate on retention and done it my self i'm pretty sure I'd have had the V5 back by now!
Yeah, I was tempted to let them do it as they also offered to do the transfer for me; but I didn't trust them to get it done in time so decided to put mine on retention. Given them the retention doc earlier this week, and apparently they register the car with it instantly when it lands in the UK, inc. printing out their own tax disc etc.

Oh well, hope they manage to get it sorted in time for you!