View Single Post
      09-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
RLSinCO
Maximum Effort
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M550i

I've added the JB4Stage 2 tune to my AH3.

It works flawlessly, I'm using Map1 as I have no other modifications.

I notice a difference in power over stock and this does not in any way interfere with the hybrid operations of the vehicle.

Just make absolutely certain to disconnect the battery BEFORE attempting any kind of installation. You should be able to do the installation yourself.
Some tips:

1) Print out the installation instructions in color for reference.
2) If stage 2, ignore the tapping location in the install guide for the two can wires and instead access them from the plastic shielding (this simply reduces visible detection of the pinhole splice)
3) Note for the stage 2 install, this requires power and you will need a T50 torx bit to loosen the power bolt, but if you don't have or want to buy this part, just get some thick, double-sided adhesive tape and wrap it around the bolt, and then use vice grip pliers to loosen.
4) remember to disconnect battery before any work!
5) You might get an error when reconnecting battery and turning vehicle on, - this is normal and a simple switch off, then on again of ignition clears it.
6) Find a plastic food bag, and wrap the JB4 prior to installation to protect from potential water exposure...I simply used tape to seal it around the wires.
7) I placed the JB4 underneath the rear plastic cover ( this can be easily lifted off by turning the plastic locking bolts a quarter turn) for increased protection.
8) Enjoy!

Last edited by RLSinCO; 09-18-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 2