View Single Post
      10-13-2017, 08:47 AM   #124
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30bluedragon View Post
Thanks for the reply! I just installed the JB4 and im running map 2 so it feels decent, but i really want to get the BM3 since everyone has been hyping it up. Is there a way to run both tunes at the same time? Or do I need to sell the JB4 and then instal the BM3??
I mean BM3 is definitely better

JB4 was pretty good too so I am not bashing it, but a flash tune will always be better. My JB4 setup pulled hard, but I would get these random boost surges mid pull and between shifts that drove me nuts lol... plus some timing drops. None of which I see with a flash tune/BM3. My BM3 setup is faster as well.

To answer your question - yes you can stack. JB4 can be used for meth control or port injection and you can run the back end flash to control everything else. If not using these, its not really worth it to stack. Some use JB4 for boost control and use a BEF for AFR and timing, etc. but there is no reason as it adds complexity and again you may suffer from overall smoothness and drivability which as you can tell is big for me. My car drives as smooth as stock, just a lot faster. Down low for everyday driving it feels awesome, JB4 was a bit finicky with hard boost and torque out of no where. I didn't really notice it as much until I actually switched to BM3 and now the difference was clear to me. This is my experience.

Also - no real need for me to stack, stock turbo is maxed out on current tune so I see no benefit from the JB4. I am keeping it for now just in case I plan to utilize it in the future and no point in really selling it ATM, but honestly I don't see myself using it anytime soon lol.

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 0