View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
I like it. It's not going to be as deep or throaty as a full system, but it's loud enough for me and it sounds great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
It's about 20% louder using my crappy ears. I like it... loud enough for me. I can't remember what stock sounds like now
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
When I first heard the sport exhaust on a youtube video I didn't like it.
I too thought it was raspy, but not very good.
The Meisterkraft exhaust sounded much nicer on youtube video.

But, then I got a chance to actually hear the sport exhaust on a 335i, and drive it at the BMW drive event at my local dealer.
BIG difference in sound from a youtube vid to real life.
In person the sound is much nicer. It's not overbearing at all.
At idle the volume increase is there, but not crazy.
At partial throttle it sounds nice and in cabin you hear a cool tone.
There was no drone cruising at around 65mph. I don't know if there is any above that speed as I didn't cruise higher than that.

AT WFO the exhaust sounds great. Quite noticeable over stock, and again, not overbearing or ridiculously loud.
One of the coolest things you can hear with this exhaust is the over run burble on each shift with the sport AT. With the stock setup the over run is very quiet, and you have to have the audio off and window open to hear it. With the sport exhaust, window open, no audio, the burble is easily heard, and it sounds very cool. It's worth driving with the windows down and on audio playing just to hear the engine and exhaust playing with and off each other.

If you can get it rolled into the lease, it'll make a nice addition and be more distinctive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMA View Post
I did the SS exhaust at port. I am very happy with it. Rolled it into the cost of the car. It sounds real good inside the cabin and the bigger tips are a visual plus. Sound is definitely deeper, not US muscle car deep, but more than what the stock gives to my ears. No regrets here.
Question for you guys that own the performance exhaust or have heard it in person...

Does the left muffler stay close with the flap till 4000rpm like the stock exhaust?