View Single Post
      03-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #13
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Speaking of research, I did for 14 months between when I decided that I wanted to get a new car and when I got my GT. Early contenders were the 428GC and Lexus RC, but that wasn't serious, neither had the utility I wanted. The MB GLA 250 and Lexus NX200 had the utility, but fell short in other areas. Of all things the '15 Nissan Murano was my second choice. It gives you for $40k what BMW does for $50k. I probably would have gone for it were it not so tall, with those 30" diameter truck tires and 6" tire reveal. All I could think of when looking at it was that the first thing I wanted to do was to drop it four inches. That's what eventually made me go for the GT, because IMO if the first thing you want to do with a new car is to make a major structural change to it then it's probably not the right car to begin with. Even after driving the GT for two months there's little about it that I'll change, and that's all little things, like wheel locks, protection film and tinting. The only thing I found that I really didn't like was the rear seats, they aren't comfortable, but a couple of $29.95 lumbar supports took care of that.
Appreciate 0