02-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
DangerousTacos
SA at Leith BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Initial impressions are that the F30 is a larger car legroom-wise front and rear, or at least, it feels that way. Sitting in the cockpit, you're aware of the shorter front doors (those on the E92 are pretty long) and of course, the dash and wheel are different - a little more "modern". I know there's going to be a performance deficit, but I'm thinking of adding an aftermarket intercooler and either a JB or Dinan S2 tune, as I'll already have the M-performance exhaust (installed at the port). Not going to go all-out on this one like with my E92. And I ordered the 8-speed auto with paddles instead of 6MT - another big adjustment.

Where the big difference will be is likely the ride and handling, as I ordered the Dynamic suspension with its multiple settings. Also, the tires are 45-series front and 40 in the rear, so higher sidewalls and probably a softer ride. My test drives in both 328 and 335 didn't reveal too much, as it was mostly on urban streets with just a few miles of freeway, but I can already tell it doesn't have that hunkered-down feel of my E92 - but it wasn't bad by any means. It'll be an adjustment, but I want the convenience of the 4 doors for visiting guests and such.

All that said, I'm anxious to get the keys and head out on the highway. Wasn't there a song about that? Something about "Born to be wild"?
I am also going from 6MT to 8AT. I didn't go with the DHP though. I'll probably do coil overs in the long run (whenever Bilstein finally makes something) so I figured it wasn't worth going with the extra cost on the DHP. How much is the ///M exhaust costing you? I wasn't given the option. For tune I'd love to do something... But will probably stay stock awhile. A big part of the reason I went for the F30 was to have a warranty.
Service Advisor @ Leith BMW | Raleigh, NC
Appreciate 0