View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #27
brian99997
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF30 View Post
Good points. Coming from Subarus and having friends that used to run UNICHIP and got rid of them because of constant CELs, this is why I still have not purchased the BMS. I am not comparing BMS X UNICHIP here, but they're both piggybacks, so that kind of worries me as the whole idea of faking sensors just doesn't sound interesting to me knowing how advanced tunes are nowadays (like Cobb, APR, GIAC, etc...)

Knowing very well about how tuning works for Subarus, I am really surprised that no one is making a decent reflash for the N20 yet. I wonder why? Is the ECU system so much different or complicated than let's say VW/AUDI? For example, for VW/AUDI, APR is so nice. So much potential we have with the N20, not being able to have a decent reflash yet really sucks.
Agreed, I don't think this is a debate between tuners just the methods they use. For me anyway..

I believe it was on the Burger site that said the N20/N55 engines are both completely different than previous generations which is why the piggyback systems are coming out so quickly as opposed to something from say Dinan who most likely has access to BMW factory tunes and would modify based on that directly with BMW methods.

From what I was able to find, the stock turbo itself really doesn't have much more room in it so tunes are only going to go so far.
Appreciate 0