View Single Post
      10-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
It's great to have two complete sets of wheels and tires. I actually have three: one set of ARC-8s for RE-71R track tires, another set of ARC-8s for Conti EC Sport summer tires that I run April through November, and the OEM wheels with winter tires.

If you're sensitive to clunks, then camber plates might drive you nuts. I have tried a couple different sets, and they are occasionally quiet, occasionally obnoxious, and most of the time somewhere in between. So if you want to skip camber plates, then F8x LCAs and TSes are definitely the way to go to add camber. (Have you've seen the threads where guys determined the correct spacers to use to make the TSes fit properly?)
My OEM 400M staggered wheels are now my winter wheels. I have a winter setup of:

Front - 235/45/18 Michelin X-Ice Xi 3
Rear - 245/45/18 Michelin X-Ice Xi 3

I'm not there yet to have a 3rd set of wheels/tires strictly for the track.

The problem with F8x LCAs and TS is that you need to be able to do an alignment almost immediately after install. Otherwise, you'll probably tear up your tires just getting to the alignment shop. I remembered reading you might get some rub up front with a 255/40/18 tire. I might end up opting for the OE camber correction when I'm past 100k miles which is sort of pricey since it involves replacing the hubs
Appreciate 0