03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN328 View Post
I had a guy on my OP says BMW need to change the laws of physics to fix this problem.....what a dumb f*khead.
To be fair, it was a tongue in cheek comment/question, but not at all helpful to your thread, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN328 View Post
I just don't f*ken get it when people say they don't feel it and say we complain about it too much.
This turbo lag issue is relative to other cars' turbo lag. I understand that unless you raise the revs of a WRX prior to launch, turbo lag takes several (perhaps longer) seconds. Top Gear had a WRX/non turbo comparison segment a few years ago, highlighting the WRX's massive lag.

Perhaps when the world's motoring press praised the F30 for 'virtually no turbo lag', it was in comparison to other manufacturers' cars as well, with a second or so being acceptable.

Yes, the 8AT 328i has a short turbo lag because you need exhaust gasses to fire it all up as I mentioned in the other thread, but the 6mt will probably fare better as you can freely rev the engine prior to starting off.

Have you tried a footbrake start in your 8AT to determine if this at least changes the delay? No way am I suggesting this is the everyday answer, but at least you will know.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0