View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
jagracer1986
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftm3
There is a way to track the ship at sea however it requires you to use a site or service that costs $. I just use the above mentioned steps I listed to get an idea of where its at. You might try looking at http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html and see a past voyage of the Primrose Ace to get an idea of what course it took. That site will track the ship at see however it is typically very behind on its updates. I do know that the ship has made its way into the north Atlantic so we at least know it has crossed the equator. I'm guessing that since the ship is roughly a week away we might see it come near a coast line soon (2-3 days) where we can start tracking it again. My wife works for a BMW dealer here in the midwest and she told me typically when a car arrives at port in Baltimore, it will take at least a day or two for the car to be off loaded, clear customs, and then be loaded on a transport truck. Depending on where you are located in the U.S. while vary on how long it takes for the car to arrive at your dealership. Then expect them to take their sweet time doing the PDI (probably 2 days). I figure when it hits port, expect to see your car hit your dealer any where from the 16th to the 22nd. With any luck you will take delivery of your new ride around those dates.
Thanks for the heads up, appreciate it! It's about a two day drive from port to dealer in Ohio (according to CA). I am going to make sure they expedite what they have to do at dealer (they can skip adding swirl marks don't want them buffing my car at all). Especially the black polished interior trim. My G37 doesn't have to be turned in until the 25th so I look to be on schedule at least.