01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #21
jcastle
Enlisted Member
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 320i M-Sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiboy72 View Post
Jcastle: I though the M Performance kit did not fit the 320i, only diesel models?

According to my dealer who is the importer of Hartge to Norway there will be a Hartge kit available next month, but I don't have any more details.
OK, thanks, let us know if you get more information.

That's correct, the M Performance exhaust will not fit. I haven't yet figured the full reason for this, except that the pipe coming to the catback is 60mm in 320i and 75mm at 328i.

The twin tailpipe should (I am planning this) fit, as long as you change the diffuser (from 328i) and cut the off the tailpipe coming from the catback. Apparently this needs to be done to the 320d also, so it's a bit strange that BMW has excluded 320i from the supported list. Maybe it's one of those silly little things they do to get more people to buy the 328i...

I am getting my car in two weeks so then I will know for sure as my dealer has promised to take a look at it more closely and figure out how to install it.
2013 BMW F30 320i - M-Sport, Alpine White, M Sport suspension and brakes, Sport AT, VSS, PDC, Xenon, High-beam assistant, Harman/Kardon, Extended BT, Rims 403M (summer 19") and 397 (winter 18"), M Performance: Exhaust, Rear Bumper Diffuser, Carbon fiber mirror caps, Carbon fiber rear spoiler, Black kidney grilles, Floor mats. 3M Brushed Black Metallic vinyl wrap roof.
Appreciate 0