View Single Post
      07-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
achopra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
have you tried drifting? everyone seems to complain about steering, but since i don't drive my car hard or crazy i feel no difference. to me, i don't feel a difference in fwd versus rwd, but i haven't done anything to feel it. too scared something might happen.
FWD is better for non-spiritated drivers since you probably wont face torque steer or want to take slight drifts around the corner. It works much better in bad weather and arguably is easier to control when things go really bad.

RWD is better for people who push the car to get the last ounce of power is has. It gets tricky in even slight bad weather... I also feel you need a little more driving skill to prevent a spin when it goes really bad. Having the skill to push the car to the limit and save it from spinning is appealing to many including me.

AWD is arguably the best compromise. You get excellent grip in bad weather and if you have a rear biased AWD system .. you get the RWD character. It is however less 'fun' because you have to go really fast to induce a 4 wheel drift ... whereas its pretty easy with a RWD car even at lower speeds.

2020 G30 M550i ED on Sep 10, 2019
2016 F80 M3 ED on Jun 6, 2016
2013 F30 335i MSport ED on Aug 27, 2012 (Gone!)
2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 (Gone!)
Appreciate 0