View Single Post
      04-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #64
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I find this article not explaining things fully.
The Msport tested has the M adaptive suspension, but there is not mention of how the reviewers used it or how they tested it.
It's distinctly an item that needs to have been discussed.
Does the Lexus sport suspension have optional settings?
If so, what were the differences when set to different settings compared to the 335i and the ATS adaptive system.
Does the ATS's adaptive system have different settings?
If so, then what difference that it makes in that car?

The above quote seems to describe my 335i Msport when driving fast on country twisting roads with the system set to "comfort", which is not where it should be set for those conditions.
you are right there, i am assuming that they had it set to the highest sport settings on all the cars since they were testing the car's performance- but you can't be too sure if they set to the most aggressive setting in all the cars.

Regardless... many of the forums agree about the f30 suspension to a degree, maybe not as negative as in the article. but the consensus is that is definitely "softer" and that you don't feel as connected to the car as say the e90.

The m performance suspension reviews seem to say that the car should have came from the factory that way, and that the sport is too soft.
Appreciate 0