View Single Post
      03-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
carmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i xdrive

F30 - Base 320ix Audio Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

So I finally had enough of the horrible audio system that came with my base 320ix. The base model does not have any tweeters or amplifier and distorts playing any song that has too much bass or treble. You can play one of those well but not both it seems.

So the plan

Part 1) Install Technics 2/4 harness and pass the wires back to the trunk. This part is on hold as the harness is in shipping and I am all the way in Canada. PS: It's freaking cold here this winter! Now fast forward to Part 2!

Part 2) Install necessary wiring to support a to be purchased Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel 300 watt amplifier with signal sensing and speaker level inputs. The first thing I did was to connect the power (red) wire to the battery positive terminal and pass this wire under the trim and through one of two holes I made in the cubby like compartment of the trunk. See pictures. Do you guys think it's ok that the ground and power cables are run so close to each other?

I also connected the ground cable to one of the combo box bolts. Do you think this is a good grounding point?

Anyways this is as far as I got tonight. About one hour of work so far. Let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0