09-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Having owned my F30 (335i) for a few weeks I am pleasantly surprised of how well it drives comfort wise. I would even say that it is better than the E60. But the 6er is a notch above that.

You can't go wrong with any of the two cars. But for me a 6er is a better car, but if you don't want to spend that extra money the F30 i still an awesome automobile for the money.
Only thing putting me of the new 6er is the reviews, seems its losts it drives edge....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Have to say that while the F30 is a really nice car to look at, the new 6 Series has real road presence and a 640d is going to have that silky big car feel with lots of 'get up & go' to boot. When I was in the showroom, they had gorgeous 'six' which was going for a similar great deal, but there's no way the thing would have fitted in my garage
They are a bit of a land yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
It's a different matter if it's a 6er GC, but if u have a family then the 6er is quite impractical.
BMW have trouble shifting these cars hence the great deals to be had.
It's out second car so kids do go in them occasionally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warberry View Post
You can get similar deals on A8's, even S-classes, from time to time. The bigger and more expensive the piece of metal, the harder they have to subsidise them to get them on the roads.

I nearly bagged one of these 640d's a few months back on a similar rate. But I walked away, and I'm much happier to be getting into a 330d. Why ?
- better ride and steering feel;
- far more interior room especially vs exterior size;
- better visibility / parkability;
- less vulgar/likely to alienate friends who are struggling at the moment, especially when on school run / social trips;
- similar real world performance;
- similar refinement (road/wind noise in the 6 series is poor for the class of car).
I honestly can't think of one trip I've taken in the last 12 months where I'd rather be in a 640d than a 330d. And that being the case, it doesn't matter what the list price of the 2 cars is, right ?

If you were going to spec up your 330d with pro nav and other goodies that come as standard on the 640d, maybe the 640d would actually work out cheaper and then maybe you should consider it, but at £100 pcm more ? Definitely not.
good insight, surprised at the refinement comment though. I do seem stuck on the 330d too!