View Single Post
      04-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #46
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
When will it hit the States? In our interview from the 2012 NYIAS, we learned that the F31 will be available in the European market before it launches into North America. Only BMW knows how long the gap will be, but we don't expect it to be any longer than a few months. The F31 will launch to the European market in the Fall/Winter, so that will likely put the North American release at sometime during the first half of 2013.
That seems like a good possiblity, Jason.

However, do we know for certain that the F31 won't be available in Europe almost immediately after its debut in Leipzig, starting in July along with the MY2013 F30 (which will add MSport and xDrive as we know already) and many other MY2013 BMW models? If that were to happen, then perhaps it could come to the US in September or October 2012.

Just a thought.

Edit: I will point out too that the E91 is known to end production in June. Will they allow a gap in touring production in Germany where, IIRC, a majority of 3 series sold are this body style? I suppose they could just stock up for a couple months like they did with the 2011 E90 prior to F30 production.

Last edited by mkoesel; 04-11-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0