View Single Post
      09-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

European Delivery: Ski Trip or Grand Prix Trip?

Okay, so the lease on my e92 335i is up on April 8, 2013. About 2 pm to be specific. Anyway, I will be ordering a 328i for ED next spring. I don't know the specifics yet but it will have xenons, heated seats and some variant of sport suspension (either 704 or ZDH). I have narrowed down my ED trips to 2:

1. Early to Mid-March Ski trip. This would be about a 9-10 day, 5 country trip and would involve 5 days of skiing, 2 at Cortina, 2 at St. Moritz and one at either Klosters, St. Anton or Innsbruck. At the end there'd be a drive to the Ring and a drop off of the car in Frankfurt.

2. Memorial Day week Grand Prix trip. This would be an 11 day, 11 country trip through the alps down to Monaco for the Grand Prix on that Sunday (May 26). Then on to Northern Spain, Paris, Omaha Beach, through Belgium & Luxembourg and again, ending at the Ring and dropping off in Frankfurt.

The Ski trip would allow me to get home and have my new car maybe only a month after the end of the lease. The Grand Prix trip would require extending my lease longer and waiting longer. Both the Grand Prix and Skiing in Europe are bucket list items. Part of me tells me it will be easier to get back to the Grand Prix than to the skiing. Vote in the poll and chime in with your opinion. Ready, set, GO!
Appreciate 0