View Single Post
      12-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

DTC/DSC Sport and Sport +

Ok, so I've read the owners manual on these issues extensively... However,I'm not able to make great sense out of it. I thought that I had it figured out... Anyway, I'm going to explain the way that I understand the different settings and then explain the way my car specifically behaves so you guys can correct me...

Now, before I go on I want to note that I have a 435i M Sport...

So, if I understand everything,

Eco Pro has the most muted throttle response and the most muted steering feel. The car becomes like an efficiency vehicle and can even do regenerative coasting to save gas. ASS is active always in this mode unless it is manually turned off. DSC is on fully nanny mode unless I turn on the DTC manually with a quick push of that button.

Comfort Mode has slightly better throttle response and maybe slightly tighter steering. ASS is active always in this mode unless it is manually turned off.DSC is on fully nanny mode unless I turn on the DTC manually with a quick push of that button.

Sport Mode has the tightest steering feel and much more immediate throttle response. ASS is not active in this mode. DSC is still on full nanny mode unless I turn on the DTC manually with a quick push of that button.

Sport + is the exact same as Sport Mode with the DTC button pushed.

Now, where my confusion begins is that I believed that I could put the car into Sport + and depress the DSC/DTC button for ten seconds which would turn the entire nanny off. Therefore, it would allow me to drive in Sport mode with DSC completely off allowing for whatever amount of wheel spin I can make the car do.

However, everytime I have been at a stop and I have the car in Sport or Sport + mode and depress the DSC/DTC button for ten straight seconds, i get the light that DSC is off, and I notice my engine shuts off because I am stopped and it has automatically moved me back in comfort mode...

Now, that obviously doesn't seem right.

Also, and this seems more straight forward, with the 435i Sport Auto, if I have the car in Sport + and the car in manual shift mode, I have complete control over the shifts, even into the redline. However, if I'm just in Sport mode and manual shift mode, the car will shift itself before the red line... Does that sound correct?

Any help, please be gentle, first time owner here...
Appreciate 0