View Single Post
      02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #81
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Your are saying the M3 E9X was a bad car, that is why the B3 E9X was so close to it, but now the M3 F8X will be a good car, so the B3 F3X will not be that close to it?
Where did I say the E9x M3 was a bad car but the F8x will be a good car? I never said that.

Let's be clear, the F30 Alpina B3 only gains 10hp over the previous model with more or less the same engine/power delivery profile, and the car doesn't weigh substantially different from the previous version most likely. A low 5500rpm horsepower peak indicates boost is being tapered off at higher rpms. It does however get the 8 speed tranny which will help performance a tad no doubt.

The new F8x M3 will have a completely different engine setup and power delivery profile than the previous M3, not to mention they're targeting a noticeable weight reduction for the car. There's no reason this car can't come in 150-200lbs lighter than the Alpina. With all these changes, and a still unknown final power figure, it's an apples to oranges comparison, but also premature right now to say that because the E9x B3 was better bang for your buck than say the e9x M3, the same will be true with the F3x B3 vs. the F8x M3.
Appreciate 0