View Single Post
      11-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #63
Christos
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 s3.0 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Its called profits, do you even want a 3 series in the future? Heck do you even want a BMW in the future.

Sorry but if they pulled out all the "luxury items" in these cars the only people who would buy them are the true enthusiast, which honestly dont amount to a hill of beans.

We are at best less then 10% of the BMW buying public. It would turn BMW into a niche player which is great for enthusiast, but with the over head the BMW has and the amount they currently sell it would bring them right under.

So I think we need to stop talking about roll up windows and non powered seats in a 3 series, it just isnt going to happen, and honestly its not feasible.

Now what they could do though is bring some of the Euro versions over, such as the club sports with the 4 cyc they are really nice and light, or bring the CSL over. You wouldnt sell many, but enthusiasts get what they want, and everyone else gets the other 3 series models.

Yeah, I don't know what I was smoking when I wrote this. I have almost every option in my E92/