04-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #152
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
About the M sport suspension, option code 704, this was described in the 2012 Product Planning Bulletin issued January 20. The dealer salesman gave me a copy when I started looking into the cars late January. I ordered a 335i 6 speed manual in February and should get it by the end of the month. The M sport suspension is $400 and lowers the body by 1 cm, has stiffer springs and damper tuning and harder stabilizers. It's only available with the Sport Line.

I also investigated the adaptive M sport suspension, option code 2VF, and you can get it in Canada if you are willing to pay the price. I wasn't willing to let them rip me a new one. In the US it is $900. Here in wonderful Canada they want $1350 plus a special order fee of $400, and then of course there is the usual tax. In other words, BMW Canada doesn't really want you to order it.

In all my research, I found a lot of confusion in the available literature, web sites and sales staff knowledge. Here's another one for you. With the premium package for a 335i, you get park distance control, but rear only (code 507). When I ordered my car I ordered PDC front and back, code 508. They incorrectly quoted $900 for it. They have since corrected their order system. There is now a code 508 with premium package for $450 (replacing code 507) and a code 508 without premium package for $900. Since I ordered the premium package, I needed the $450 option.

Be careful with the Bluetooth options as well, USB integration with Bluetooth (code 6NH) vs BMW assist with extended Bluetooth. I understand that you need the latter if you want to do any Bluetooth audio streaming from a connected device. 6NH only supports USB audio streaming.
So rear park distance control is still included with the sport line. Enhanced bluetooth allows you to stream music via bluetooth while standard USB requires you to hook up to a USB cable, but both allow you to use voice commands for phone calls and both provide the same iPod scrolling ability through drive.

Tell me if any of that is wrong.

Also....M adaptive suspension...what the hell does it do? Why is it better then the standard suspension and/or the sport suspension?
Appreciate 0