View Single Post
      08-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #103
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiznberg View Post
This is the result of being in a head-on collision with an SUV, and a testament to BMW Safety.

Attachment 898005

Last December, I was leaving a friend’s house just after midnight and crossing an intersection with a solid green light. Heading in the opposite direction, a driver under the influence ran the left turn light and hit me head-on. The impact was so jolting that my car made a 180 degree spin. Before even realizing that I was still in one piece, the SOS operator gets on the speakers and asks if I’m okay. I tell her “I think so” and she says she’s sending emergency services. In the meantime, I get out of my car without a scratch (!) and I walk over to check on the other driver and passenger. Their SUV was mangled and they weren’t responsive; I thought they were dead. It turned out they were unconscious and, thankfully, survived. Police, fire and ambulance arrive in minutes, check me out and ask me a ton of questions before letting me go. I was lucky to walk away from the accident, while the other driver and passenger were airlifted to the ER.

Again, I can’t stress enough how thankful I am for the designers and engineers who made this car with our safety in mind. It was my first BMW and certainly not my last.

WOW! Amazing that you walked out with no injuries.
It's great that you were able to simply walk out of your BMW. Hopefully the other driver and especially the passenger survived as well. Drinking and driving are truly STUPID.

I see you got the 19's instead of the 18's.
Florida roads are probably decent quality for the 19's.
Around here in the Chicago area the 19's on the demo 335i were kinda of harsh, at least with the standard non M adaptive sport suspension.
I wonder if the M adaptive dampers help smooth the ride better combined with the 19's?
Did you have M adaptive on both Msports?
What are you observations on that aspect?

Last edited by RPM90; 08-11-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0