View Single Post
      10-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Wish me luck! Motor City Masters Car Designer Competition (Airing 6/24)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Tonight at 10pm EST-TruTV, be there!

I dunno if you guys have seen this on the car blogs yet...
http://www.cardesignfetish.com/2013/...nd-customizers

I also don't know if everyone remembers my back ground is as a car designer.

Well I submitted.

First it was a short bio on the website, a picture of myself, and some samples of my design work. No one needs to know my life story, but my short bio is kind of overwhelming to read(two time cancer survivor, loss of my older siblings, kicked around by the car industry etc).

Next day came an email that they were interested.

I had to fill out a huge application, literally my life story, crazy questions, more pictures of myself, more of my designs.

Ok.

Next day. Phone call from the casting director. Loved it. She set up a Skype interview-though not to be thought as an interview-just me myself-type of thing for Today.

That was going to be an hour this afternoon, but it turned into 2+, they literally could not imagine it all happening to one person and loved my story.

So now I am through to only the last 1-2 rounds.

I have to make a 20 minute video where I am in every frame, half about my life, half about cars-a bit of MTV Cribs style.

That video will be put on youtube and submitted for final casting.

I am putting this on the forum as I have a sneaking suspicion that with it being on youtube they will either have people vote or check how many hits the vids are able to generate.

Update June 22:

Motor City Masters - Designer Profile: Jameson

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 1