shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Read fa> read vcm > right click the top of the ecu/svt and select read coding data. All caf file will be written to your esysdata/caf folder. You can use fdl editor to open these later

Unfortunately I haven't tried pushing saved files to the car later, maybe Shawn or anyone else who have successfully did this can chip in. Logically, every time u read coding data new caf file is written. If you can somehow overwrite this file after its read, then code. It should work
Yes, it is possible. Edit all the ECU's you like, save the changes, then connect back to the car and use the New => FDL for each ECU and inject the FDL into it.

However, personally I don't do this. I like to be connected to the car, and code one ECU at a time, and write it to the car, and make sure everything is working as expected before moving onto the next ECU. With the E-Sys search box, and my cheat sheet, I can copy and paste and make multiple ECU FDL changes in only a couple minutes, so I don't mind sitting in the car to do it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0