02-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #2478
f302012sold
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
The NBT idrive do allow u to display Asian fonts, it's only the CIC idrive which doesn't allow u to display chi. That is unless u have the specific CIC for PRC/TW/HK/MAC. In the ETK it appears as a unique part number & from the ETK price it costs 2x the price of EU/USA CIC.
As for 6NR, it may be due to video function of 6NR. So if ur ifone supports chi then it'll display it as video inputted from the ifone. Someone has to try 6NR w/o vdo function to see if it works.
Yep I saw some screenshots of NBT unit and it is much cooler.

I am still not convinced that the software builds of CIC differ from Asian countries to the EU/US ones. I reckon the price difference should be down to software licensing and/or country specific tax etc. It would be mind-numbingly stupid if BMW actually release 2 branches of CIC builds JUST because of the locale.

I am doubting Aupeo! knows this problem and deliberately tweak the encoding of those characters to make them display correctly on the CIC - so my guess is for our EU/US spec CIC the system uses ANSI or ISO as character encoding rather than utf8. but further tests are needed to verify these theories.

I am getting frustrating about this as it is deemed to be a very very basic functionality and since in the NBT it does support CJK, BMW certainly has realised that the necessity of this.

Finally @kon, you mentioned about removing country controller in FA and set the country flag to Hongkong sometime ago. Could you please kindly shed some light about how this could be done? After you have performed this what happened? Many thanks.
Appreciate 0