Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion4 View Post
I love my 13 F30-335i, BUT the wind noise issue is so frustrating. I've been through several Dealer Service depart visits, including a ride with the Service Manager with no resolution. Service Manager said he has seen this problem in a host of F30s and the BMW has not addressed/ or owned the issue.

I've had the problem when i had the original RFT's and my Michelin Super Sports, on all road surfaces/conditions. It manifests itself starting at about 45 mph in any of these conditions and also appears to be located in the upper "B" pillar area.

I may try inserting a flexible 1/4" line inside the door gasket to see if by thickening it, it reduces the noise.
I've tried taping doors and windows. I've tried stuffing backing rod foam in all seams and openings. None of the attempts I made to eliminate or reduce the noise helped. Good luck and I hope you find the cure, but I suspect nothing will work. The reason I think it's the glass thickness or insulation/sound deadening within the doors is my F36 has frameless windows vs the frames of the F30, but the noise is very similar, in the same location and same speeds but yet, the design is completely different. I don't know, but just my 2 cents.
Honestly from my testing it seems like the non-M side/wing mirrors are the issue. Try putting a some blue masking tape covering the gap between the mirrors and the door, see if that makes a difference for you.
Maybe I was using the wrong colour tape.......I used green masking tape instead of blue.

As indicated in my previous post, I've driven an F30 with the mirrors removed and it showed no change to the noise so I'm not sure why you are experiencing what you are. My dealer also said it was the mirrors which prompted them removing them to test the theory. I've also driven a couple of M cars with the double arm mirrors and experience the same noise. A bit more difficult to detect as exhaust and tire noise is higher in the M's.
Appreciate 0