Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Get the dealer to look at.
Where is the fun in that..

I'm an engineer and would like to be able to prove to the guys at BMW that their sensors are pants. I can imagine a BMW service centre just fobbing me off with comments like those received by one of the US owners from BMW NA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
Specifically what happens is the sensors go from 0 detection to the yellow/red area. It is only the rear, the front's have no problems. And it's intermittent, not always.. Usually they work but especially at night/dark walls they don't do a thing. I've NEVER had this issue in the past 6 years with my E92s.

To further confirm the issue, I have been manually enabling the PDC every time I'm at a stoplight and sure enough, about half the time the car behind me magically appears in the red/yellow zone even though it's approaching at less than 1-2 mph.

And of course, my dealer claims I am backing up too fast and the sensors are fine, keep in mind never going more than 1mph and the sensors work fine sometimes when going 2-3 mph, but then dont work at all when going slow.. It's totally unpredictable..

So I backed up 5-6 times for them to show them the issue and every time, fast or slow, they responded differently. Sometimes working perfectly well. Other times lagging to the yellow/red zone instantly.

I really do not want to get BMW NA involved here but this is total bullshit. I really don't know what to do.

I paid $750 for these to avoid this shit. I want my $750 back or a resolution to my problem.
Appreciate 0