View Single Post
      02-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #37
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

My dealer was #1. I've not been in yet for service, but I'm not surprised. After I picked up the car I discovered that the mechanical key wouldn't go into the driver's door lock. It's an hour plus drive to him, and my schedule made it inconvenient to drive there to get it fixed. Without my even asking the service manager offered to have someone come pick up my car and return it, even leaving me a loaner if I wished. I didn't need to, though, as the day before they were scheduled to pick up the car the temperature went above freezing for the first time in a month and the key worked. I figured that water must have got in the lock when they washed the car the morning of delivery, and it froze when they put it in the lot on that 20 degree day.
BTW, while I gave my salesman all 10s I didn't give the F&I manager all tens, because I though he was too aggressive trying to sell me add-ons.
Sales volume would not enter the equation. Right now Stratham BMW has a total of 103 2016 models in stock. BMW of Boston has 427.

Last edited by Billfitz; 02-03-2016 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0