shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi View Post
I see, that makes sense. However, there's no rush to update these kinds of part systems is there? No one could possibly need a replacement NBT navigation unit until December/January at earliest so I don't imagine BMW needs to be extremely quick to update the parts system?

There's a US military guy picking up his F30 in Germany tomorrow. Assuming it's a US-spec car, we should get some indication this week depending on whether he got the new navigation or not.
The new Head Unit has a new Part Number, and any car with it will reflect that new Part Number.

It does not have anything to do with the timing of replacement parts, and has everything to do with documenting a vehicle build with an accurate Bill of Material (BOM). No manufacturer of any engineered product will put a new part in it, and not update the BOM so that later when replacement parts are actually needed, it is known exactly which part is required, or in the event that there is a manufacturers defect and they need to issue a product recall, they know which specific vehicles are affected.

Keep in mind too that HU_NBT is available now on 2013 F10's, as well as F30's overseas, and people are already working on selling NBT retrofits to CIC and CCC owners:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749383

So, the new HU_NBT can be ordered now, whether they are building new U.S. F30's with it or not.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 11-25-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0