Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dxdrive View Post
Has any one tried these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-T...sAAOSwH2hZtc0s

I once repaired my own tyre (none of the sheep garages around me would touch run flats for less then £30) I never had any issues in about 8k miles
Yes!!

My missus e70 X5 had a screw go into the rear tyre (naturally, being the larger ones...) and right through the very corner of where the tread meets the sidewall (naturally, being the completely unrepairable section) - the screw also went in head first, not pointy end first

That was running normal tyres, because aside from all the known complaints about runflats, the cost per corner on 20" wheels running 265 fronts and 315 rears was frankly laughable.

Anyway, I used one of those on that hole after I'd removed the screw.

Pumped the tyre back up to normal pressure and then didn't drive it all weekend until Monday, when I was going to my tyre guy to have what turned out to be 4 new tyres.

However, the repair completely held air all weekend, and then just for shits and giggles, I checked the pressure after the 30min or so drive to the tyre place, and it was perfect, hadn't lost any at all.

Clearly not a permanent repair by any stretch of the imagination, but for getting you out of the shit when you've had a 6" nail or something go through the tyre, bloody great.