View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #24
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
So you haven't actually driven an ATS, then? I suspect your opinion is worth no more than mine, but I base mine on past experience with GM and other brands I won't ever buy again. Not to say I won't drive them - sometimes car rental agencies don't give you much of a choice. Who cares what chassis a car is on or who builds it as long as the car "drives well"? Probably people who view cars as transportation devices, a category I'll never fall into. And it's going to be the new FWD 1 series that's based on mini underpinnings, while the current 1-series will become the 2-series. Nonetheless, I stand by what I said. If the OP wants something else to substitute for his BMW in bad weather conditions, great - just don't expect it to be a BMW. It's hard to tell a Chevrolet from a Buick from a Cadillac these days, but none of them is a Ford or Chrysler, either.
All we do here is give our opinions so you are right that mine is worth no more or less than yours. That's more than fair to say.

I think you can say nearly everyone has bad experiences with one or more brands. I had an auto tranny on a Honda Accord blow at 50K miles which cost me $2500.00 in 1999 and that's after I elevated the issue to get Honda to pay half. Very disappointing. An Audi I owned had numerous electrical issues and after being on this and another BMW forum, our brand can have less than stellar reliability. My 2 E90's have been utterly reliable as was the 2006 CTS I owned minus a recurring alignment issue that the dealer paid to fix out of warranty. And if you can't tell a Chevy from a Cadillac, you are not trying or you are taking artistic license.
Appreciate 0