View Single Post
      05-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #511
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Got my hands on a new toy today. I bought some pocket wizzards a little while back, but haven't had anything to use them on until today.... I picked up an ex580 flash.... many that's a nice unit... Build quality blows the ex430 away along with all the features and such....

sadly though, if i stick the pocket wizzard on my 5DII and the other one on the ex580, the master and slave units don't work well together when trying to trigger the ex430... I had my fingers crossed, but it ends up being delayed about 1 second.

now on the other hand, with the 580 on camera, the master and slave drives work seamlessly and i could hope for better.

This will work nicely with the infrared unit built into the 7D and a couple of tripods holding both flashes. (also 60D for anyone paying attention to this stuff and interested in flashes)

Main reason for my grabbing the pocket wizzards a while back was in prep for grabbing a big strobe, but i have a lot more research to do before i get to that. (also need to make some money to make such a purchase reasonable...)

Anyways, long story short... I wish i had put out the extra few dollars back in the summer when i bought the ex430 and just grabbed the ex580 instead, they are worlds apart, and i wish i knew that before now.

Happy shopping everyone...

and i think i still owe a review on the 135 F2L.... maybe i'll start a new thread for product reviews.
Appreciate 0