12-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
wagz0627
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi Gran Coupe

A few questions from a new BMW buyer

Hey all,

I'm a current BMW noob, but have a few friends and co-workers that are proud BMW owners. I'm looking to order a 2012 335i shortly and I had a few questions.

First off, I was planning to go to my local dealer soon and test drive a 2011 335i. Am I correct in assuming that mechanically speaking the 2011 E90 335i is similar to the F30? I know that both have the N55 engine, but are there any other major mechanical changes (barring the new 8 speed automatic transmission)? Basically what I'm asking is that is it worthwhile for me to test drive a 2011 and order my 2012, or should I wait until February 11 and drive the actual F30? I'm kind of impatient so ordering it sooner than February 11 is a strong possibility.

Second, I'm currently looking at configuring the Luxury Line mainly due to the fact I like the Saddle Brown leather/wood interior combination best (having sat in a co-worker's 2007ish 335i Convertible it appears to be largely the same decor as in the F30). However, I'm not really a fan at all of the Luxury Line's 18" wheels. Has anyone confirmed whether its possible to change wheels on a pre-ordered F30, or will I have to opt for the much nicer (in my opinion) 19" wheels? I'm not sure if I want to go with 19" wheels and the lower profile tires since this will be a daily driver over the great streets and highways of Philadelphia.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0