11-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #17
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Of course they'll make it to production. We've never seen features on an LCI mule that did not.

They won't be standard. LED headlights will be a ~$2K upgrade to the 330i/340i models, which will come standard with Xenons. Just like the 4-series behaves now, except the 320i won't get that LED option, and still come standard with halogens.

No way standard Xenon on a 320i.

I bet the F30 LCI will get steering upgrades as well. Also, probably some "safety" type features that we don't even know about, yet.
Finally, Xenons standard on the 3 series(if it happens). Now if only BMW would make the rear lights LED standard as well....and not only during the LCI. I don't the the US will be getting the new engines though, Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
The 330i will not be the 328i with a PPK. It's a new engine altogether, the B48. The 340i will have the B58. The 320 will retain the N20.

I hope Xenon is standard for the F30 at least, but fear that won't be the case. However as I stated before, LED's NEED to be an option, thus I wonder if they'll either make Xenon's standard, or offer two lighting options (insane confusion ..)

It's about darn time Xenons came standard on a 3 series. The Corolla had LED headlights before the 3 series did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0