11-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
All I was saying was that this wasn't a drive by test. NOTHING else.

As I stated above. I never said anything else. I just said that this wasn't a drive by test since it clearly states that it is measured in the cabin.
Below is the extract that compared RFT with Non RFT, (which is absolutely diabolical to compare one car with another). Nowhere does it state where the noise was measured from, so if being absolutely correct, neither one of us can catogorically state it was internal or external.

Quote:
How noisy?
Early run-flats earned a reputation for being noisy and uncomfortable, thanks to their stiff sidewalls – the technology behind the rubber is explained in our panel. But constant development has reduced this drastically, and all three brands have made similar progress. There was nothing between the Bridgestone and Michelin, with the Conti a fraction behind in terms of noise.

And those who believe run-flats are excessively loud should think again. The BMW run-flat package was significantly quieter than the Volkswagen Golfs we tested on regular rubber at the same time. The quietest tyres on the VWs registered 70 decibels (dB), while the BMW was around 67dB. And remember, a drop of 3dB is around half the noise.
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00