View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #460
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

The 328i and the 335i's brakes, though not the same, have both rated very well with reviewers.
Both model's sport line versions were run and tested at Laguna Seca and both cars braking performed very well, no problems reported.
And with proper tires both models have impressive/short braking distances.

Those of you who want the M performance brakes, will you be tracking your car?
If not, then is the appeal a cosmetic one?

Just curious really. I'm not judging at all. Heck I ordered a 335i Msport just for the cosmetics, as there aren't any performance enhancements with Msport, unless you consider the staggered 18" wheel/tires with wider rear tires, a performance upgrade.

General comments on Msport and other options:
I was considering getting the "dynamic handling pkg." for the tighter steering ratio rack.
BMW should have included some of these "M performance" items in the Msport package.
Even the "sport AT with paddles" is an option in the Msport. That should have been included, along with the tighter ratio steering rack.
OR, the whole "dynamic handling pkg." should have been standard with Msport.
As it is, Msport is a sport line 3 with a cosmetics pkg. BMW even has the nerve to name the sport suspension something different as if it is something different.

Bump the Msport price by about $500-$700 and include the VSS and adaptive suspension. Then, at least there would be a standard difference.
And, why not AT LEAST add the PPK for a bit of extra power for the Msport?
PPk is supposed to be available this late fall/early winter. Will sport line and/or Msport owners get a discount to install PPK?
I'll bet that once PPK is ready it will be included in the Msport, leaving those of us who already have one really pissed.

Last edited by RPM90; 07-01-2012 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0