View Single Post
      11-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
Cfichman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3P

Garage List
you guys are funny. I AM an audio engineer and what you guys try doing some times can be counterproductive, and just add to the coloring of your system. cutting that much from those frequencies will surely have ill affects on certain music you will listen to. You don't tune a room by listening to your favorite song and adjusting. You start with a sine wave sweep, and then with a calibrated omni mic you see the response curve of what your speakers are actually producing and then adjust from there. What you do on that song might sound good but from different genres, rap to rock to jazz, you surely will not be listening to that song how the artist, mixdown and mastering engineers intended. leave your settings stock, turn on L7, if you like more or less bass/treble change that from the main tone settings, but cutting frequencies like that is just laughable from my industry. Do you actually know what 5 khz sounds like? The engineers at HK have already tuned your system! and they know what they are doing better than you, stick to accounting or w.e you do lol. My sales guy tried tuning my system for me when I took delivery of the car, I love the guy but as soon as he was telling me "oh i used to be a dj i tuned.." he remembered what i do for a living. it sounded like shit btw.

On top of that for me if I mix a song and then take it in my car, i want to hear how everyone else will hear it not my "super special eq settings" that won't transfer to an ipod.
Appreciate 0